|Reviews||Read Customer Reviews|
Mark a true milestone in LEGO Star Wars construction toys with this 75259 Snowspeeder – 20th Anniversary Edition. This special-edition set is an updated version of the original 7130 Snowspeeder vehicle model released in 1999 and features an opening cockpit with space for the Luke Skywalker and Dak Ralter minifigures in pilot suits, laser cannons, a spring-loaded shooter under each wing, plus a stud shooter and harpoon with string at the rear. This commemorative LEGO Star Wars building toy set also includes an elevating and rotating gun tower with firing stud shooter for epic Battle of Hoth action from Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, plus a bonus Lando Calrissian minifigure from 2003 on a 20th anniversary display stand.
- Includes 4 LEGO® Star Wars™ minifigures: Luke Skywalker and Dak Ralter in their pilot outfits, a Rebel Trooper and a bonus anniversary Lando Calrissian on a detachable display stand
- Features a Snowspeeder building toy with opening 2-minifigure cockpit, 2 spring-loaded shooters, a stud shooter and harpoon with string at the rear, plus an elevating and rotating gun tower with stud shooter
- Weapons include Lando Calrissian's original blaster, Luke's blaster pistol and blue Lightsaber, and the Rebel Trooper’s blaster
- Also includes a pair of electrobinoculars
- This LEGO® Star Wars™ construction toy is a reinterpretation of the 7130 Snowspeeder vehicle from 1999 and makes a great LEGO Star Wars gift for builders of any age
- Lando Calrissian minifigure is a reproduction of the original minifigure from 2003 and includes a 20th anniversary logo
- Connect the LEGO® Star Wars™ 20th anniversary minifigure display stands for the perfect collector's item
- Play out unforgettable Battle of Hoth scenes from Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back and other scenes from the Star Wars™ saga for creative play
- Snowspeeder model measures over 1” (5cm) high, 7” (18cm) long and 5” (14cm) wide
- Gun Tower measures over 3” (8cm) high, 2” (6cm) wide and 2” (6cm) deep
Few easy mods, very happy with this set
This set has a lot to offer. Airspeeder was fun to build. Side build (laser gun) looks great. Regular mini figs look good. In my opinion Lando is the best of the 5 20th anniversary mini figs to get. You get a lot here, lot of play value too.
Few simple mods.
1) We put two of the extra red studs between the laser and the dark gray tips, looks much more powerful. Same thing with the ground cannon, added a red stud to the barrel.
2) We took the extra light gray stud (with the hole in it) and put the grappling hook in it. Now the rear stud shooter can shoot the hook. Works really well, only issue is you have to put some slack in the string else it gets hung up.
Cons (always have to have some cons)
1) Rebel troops hats don't match the last battle pack (these are a darker tan). Not a huge issue, but would be nice if more consistent.
2)When I think of skyspeeders think of orange markings. This set comes in gray. I prefer the orange, but easy enough to change.
3) (this the only one I really care about) the back of Lando's torso is just lettering. Lucky the cape covers this, but wish it wasn't there.
Great set, definitely recommend. If you are on the fence about getting it.....get it you won't be sorry.LegoDad8868
I really like this set!
This is actually (somehow) my first Lego Snowspeeder and I love it! The build has nice size and is sturdy. The sticker selection is good, however I wish that this had the orange color scheme. The interior is well detailed and is functional enough. I don't have any issues with the main build. The secondary build is a nice and appropriate addition. I like the turret's look and ability to spin around and angle up and down. I personally leave off the stud shooter though, as it looks more realistic without it in my opinion.
The minifigs are excellent as well. Luke and Dak both have the older helmet designs, which is fine. (especially since they couldn't fit into the speeder with the newer ones) The hoth rebel trooper is proper and I love the throwback blaster! The Lando is the biggest highlight! He looks great and the two- colored cape is sweet! (and covers up the 20th Aniversary print on the back of the torso) He is the best and most desirable of the exclusive figs to me.
I know many people are fustrated with the fact that the snowspeeder build hasn't really changed in multiple years, but I think it's a pretty perfect design. Of course, that is coming from someone who just now owns one. All in all, I love everything about this set!Cachamoe
Revisited, but still awesome.
Next to the Millenium Falcon, this is one of my favorite ships from the Star Wars Trilogy. The snowspeeder is absolutely iconic, and has a place in LEGO history. Is this a remake of a 20 year old classic? Yes. That's the idea. Have there been other ideations of the snowspeeder? Yes, and rightly so. Just as there have been many variants of the venerable X-wing fighter.
For starters, the build is again pretty straightforward. Nothing complicated, or altogether delicate. It holds together really well, so feel free to swoosh around the room all you want. The design of the cockpit canopy is great, allowing plenty of room to get Luke and Dak in their seats. Adding to the playability factor is the little cannon on the back, and the spring-loaded shooters.
An added benefit is the throwback Lando Calrissian figure. I couldn't wait to get this set when I saw it announced. It's a bit high on the price point, but still worth it. LEGO hit the mark on this one, in my opinion.mailman2181