|Reviews||Read Customer Reviews|
Combine the versatile LEGO® building system with advanced technology to boost your creativity with the awesome LEGO BOOST Creative Toolbox. Download the free app to your device and follow the step-by-step instructions to build and code any of the 5 multifunctional models. Experience Vernie the Robot—a moving and talking robot; the M.T.R.4 (Multi-Tooled Rover 4)—a robust, versatile rover with 4 different tool attachments including a spring-loaded shooter; the Guitar4000—a musical instrument with pitch bend and sound effects; Frankie the Cat—an interactive pet that plays, purrs and expresses its mood; or the AutoBuilder—an automated production line that really builds miniature LEGO models! Bring your creations to life with the app’s intuitive, icon-based coding interface and complete an array of exciting activities designed for each model. This set also includes a playmat for use with specific activities, and a LEGO BOOST wall poster! The LEGO BOOST app is available for selected iOS, Android and Kindle smart devices. Please go to LEGO.com/devicecheck for a list of all compatible devices.
- Includes a LEGO® Motorized Hub, additional Motor, Color & Distance Sensor, plus more than 840 LEGO pieces
- Code Vernie the Robot to dance, shoot the target, beatbox, use his hockey stick or even play a game
- Build the MTR4 (Multi-Tooled Rover 4) and choose from a selection of tools and customization attachments to complete missions or battle against other rovers
- Learn how to play a song and rock out with the Guitar4000
- Look after your own pet with Frankie the Cat Be sure to feed it the right food, or it might get upset!
- Construct, code and operate the AutoBuilder to produce real miniature LEGO® models
- Build and code robots and models, and complete over 60 exciting activities included in the LEGO® BOOST App for selected iOS, Android and Kindle smart devices Visit LEGOcom/devicecheck for a list of compatible devices
- Real coding transformed into an intuitive and easy to use drag-and-drop coding interface for all aged 7+ Learn about loops and va riables, and develop STEM skills, creative problem-solving and imagination by toggling between guided and open-ended play
- Step-by-step challenges suitable for starting levels that help builders progress and increase their coding skills
- Combine with the LEGO® City 60194 Arctic Scout Truck to control and drive the vehicle! Use the app to operate the forklift, examine samples with the color sensor, help the whale back into the water and much more, for an interactive experience like never before
- Combine with LEGO® NINJAGO® 70652 Stormbringer and set the Lightning Dragon free! Use the app to control the fearsome beast, fire the shooters, create a color-sensing ejector seat and much more
- This product requires batteries (not included)
Bought this set for my daughter last Christmas (she was 6 1/2). She has absolutely loved it. Over the next few months, she built every set in the app, took it to school to demo for her class, and her teacher is buying one for her sons. My son (then 9 1/2) had to help her with a few small things, but for the most part, she did it all on her own. She is an experienced Lego builder for her age, so the building portion of the set is appropriate-to-slightly-challenging for her age range and experience. The coding concepts were somewhat new to her, but it was a great opportunity for her big brother to help guide her through it. The coding is easy to learn and she is doing it on her own now. For her seventh birthday she wanted the big Coaster set to connect to BOOST and has played with that for months. My only wish is that there were more sets to integrate with BOOST as the kids enjoy it so much.LegoGuyFromWayback
I feel compelled to write a review to boost the average product rating, which in no way reflects the brilliance of this set. It is WONDERFUL. Great to build and more fun to play with than any LEGO set I have ever seen. My son loves it. He just turned the TV off to build some more. HE TURNED THE TV OFF!! The app is great. If you doubt that it will work on your tablet, download it and try it before you buy the BOOST set. I did this, because it seemed my tablet might not have all the necessary specs. Also, the app seems to have been updated so that the models don't have to be built in a certain order (see complaints in other reviews). Having the bits sorted into bags according to the order in which they are needed is not realistic for a LEGO set where you can choose between 5 models. Open all the bags and sort the bits into different trays according to colour!StephenCarl
I purchased this set for my 6 year old son and I to play with together. We have had a lot of fun building, and learning how to make the sets accomplish different goals. My son has been thoroughly entertained with this set, and even as a grown up, it has been a lot of fun for me too.
I do notice that this set has received many poor reviews due to device compatibility. I do recognize that this may be a problem, but I am shocked that people do not research this prior to purchasing. This is the first thing that I looked into when I found out about this set.
The potential improvements that I think would make this set even better are:
- last program memory...with this feature (and perhaps a button to start/stop the program), you could continue to play with the set with the tablet disconnected as well.
- onboard speaker...it is unfortunate that there is no speaker on the bricks to output the sound.
It has been a great set, and I think that my son and I will continue to learn how to accomplish more things with this set!mblegofan
My son has been saving his birthday money for a while now to find that perfect toy. We went to a friend's house and he played with their Lego Boost and immediately wanted it! We were so excited because we love Lego and loved the fact that it was going to teach coding as well. We ordered it as a surprise to him, took him out to eat, then revealed our big surprise. We came home and got ready to build only to find out that our iPad Air is not compatible with this! Neither are either of our iPhone 7plus phones. The same day we purchased Lego Boost we also purchased the Dash robot for our younger two sons because they also had been saving their birthday money. They were able to start playing right away with our iPad and our iPhones while our oldest had to watch them (They let him join in on their fun because they felt bad for him). Please tell me this will change. If not, we will have to return this because we cannot spend $500 or more on a new iPad.Momof4boys
Nice build with son
The building process, via phone, was 'ok' but not the same as using the usual paper instructions. I actually liked the stages of the build, checking moment as you went.
At first it was great...but then the batteries died! :-( Wow, that was quick. 5 minutes online and it was swiftly converted to run from a usb charger! Result, that should be an option instead of aaa batteries. So far, love it, and my son (6) was quick to get the hang of the action controls via the app.Mattuknc