|Reviews||Read Customer Reviews|
The DHP Paxson Futon with USB Port provides style and functionality like you’ve never seen it before. With a mid-century low-profile design, the Paxson features diagonal stitching on the back and seat cushions, and sits on solid wood legs. What’s more, it includes a multi-functional split back design that allows seats to independently recline between 3 positions – sitting, lounging and sleeping – for your convenience. This means you can accommodate overnight guests with a simple push and pull motion. The DHP Paxson Futon is truly the ideal piece for small living spaces such as your living room, guest bedroom or home office, thanks to it’s USB port located on the side of the futon. Plugging into the nearest wall outlet, it allow you to plug in and charge your electronics without having to get up. The DHP Paxson Futon with USB Port is truly one of a kind and is exactly what your home has been missing.
Attractive, office furniture or low budget couch
• The first thing I noticed was the packaging. It was very sturdy and well protected. [This was important to me because I ordered furniture from Ashley Furniture that came severely damaged (twice) due to poor packaging.]
• All of the parts were neatly packaged in a cardboard and molded plastic container where everything was visible and accounted for. There was exactly the right amount of parts needed.
• Assembly was fairly easy. I assembled it myself, with the help of my 6 year old son, in under an hour. (It will probably take most people 20-30 mins without the "help" of young children, lol!) I had a tiny bit of trouble fitting a couple of the screws that went into the arm posts. But I switched screws (of the same type, for the same purpose) then inserted and attached the arms flawlessly. Not sure why switching them helped, but it did.
• The finished product is amazing! It looks very nice in my son's room and is incredibly comfortable for a futon. My son has been sleeping on it all week, instead of his bed, bc he loves it so much. He claims it is more comfortable than his twin sized bed. It's just about as long as his bed. However, when extended all the way down, it is quite a few inches roomier, width wise. I'm 6' tall and fit perfectly lying on it between the 2 arms, with just enough room to lie comfortably with a pillow next to my son.
• It took up much less space than I'd imagined it would. Changing the position from futon into bed added just 1 foot to the area taken. I was pleasantly surprised by this!
• Edge to edge dimensions are 78" long (exterior armrest to armrest) by 34" to 43" wide (depending on recline), and 22.5" to 31" tall (depending on recline).
• Seated dimensions are 72" long (between the armrests) by 34" wide, edge to edge, when sitting completely upright (includes a slight, comfortable recline). It is 41" wide, edge to edge, in the second reclining position, and 43" wide, edge to edge, when fully extended into a bed. It sits about a foot above the ground on solid wood pegs with carpeting on the bottom to protect floors.
• My only complaint would be the center bar when lying down in the middle. You can feel it IF you put all of your weight on one point (like a knee, or your butt, when sitting/ kneeling on the fully reclined center line only), but I don't really feel it when my weight is distributed evenly lying in the center.
• The color is a beautiful slate grey and has beautiful, durable diagonal stitching. There was 1 strand that stuck out from the material, near the armrest. I tried to pull it off quickly but it was much too thick and durable to break. This assures me that the stitching will hold for years to come. (I ended up having to cut it but it is stitched in such a way that it will NOT unravel).
• 4 of the posts are made of a very aesthetically pleasing, heavy medium brown hard wood. The center 2 posts are made of a brown plastic. The color is close to the wood color of the outside posts. Although I wish they were made of wood to match the outer posts, they do not show unless you get down on hand and knees and look at them.
• When reclined fully back, 2 legs unzip and flip/pull out from the back of the futon, allowing for a comfortable, fully flat extension, transforming your futon into a bed wide enough for 2.
• The two backs of the futon can move independently. Or together with a strong thick velcro that attaches the two pieces down the back.
• The USB port is located on the right side of the futon, when standing facing the futon positioned upright. It. A wire extends from the back along the seam, a few inches from the top (almost completely hidden from view) and includes a plug to plug the couch into the wall. This gives electricity to the 2 USB ports located along the side of the couch. It is discreet from view, yet does not get tangled/ pulled when changing the positions from upright to fully reclined. The ports both work well and the stitching is fully closed to avoid any disruption to the seams.
• The look is modern chic, very attractive and appealing. It does not look like "cheap" furniture and appears to hold up very well. It is sturdy, chic and comfortable.
In my opinion, you can't ask for more from a futon, especially in this price range.Sunnyb
Stylish and Relaxing
This DHP Paxson Futon with USB Port, Dark Gray Linen has to be by far the most stylish and relaxing futon that I have ever owned the love the bold lines and the diagonal stitching with the rounded solid wood legs and has a split-back design where I can sit , lounge or recline the cushions fully to make for a comfortable sleep. Not to mention the USB port so I can charge my phone without moving what else could a person need. If you're looking to buy a futon I would highly recommend this one trust me you won't regret it.Loralynn
We all love this futon!
If you are looking for a futon for your home or that extra room in your home this is look no further! This futon is great for families and everyone else! This futon was super easy to assemble I love that everything came in one package and that the instructions were super easy to follow. I assembled it by myself and was done with it in less than 2 hours. I also love that the fabric is super easy to clean this is a big plus for a mom of two little ones. And let's not forget how super convenient it is to be able to charge your phone right by your futon. The futon itself is also really comfortable and easy to put down for bed and also fold back up to use for day use. I recommend the DHP Paxson Futon with USB Port to anyone looking for a modern and comfortable couch/futon. You will not be disappointed.Av2220